SRX

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Deny operational and configuration commands with classes

Posted 12-26-2013 06:13

I am trying to setup a small lab and want to deny users a few commands (system login, and security at least). I am using the following command and it doesn't seem to be working for either configuration or operational mode:

permissions all;

deny-commands "(^security) | (^system login) | (^request system)";

I used to have it working for security and system login but it is no longer working for any of them. As a result, I have two questions:

1. Why is this command not working for security and system login while in configuration mode?

2. Why does the request system argument not deny the respective section in operational mode?

• 2.  RE: Deny operational and configuration commands with classes

Posted 12-28-2013 11:14

Hi

To deny configuration mode hierarchy commands, you need to use deny-configuration, e.g.

deny-configuration "security|(system login)"

"Security" and "system login" are not op mode commands so having them in deny-commands

has no effect. As for "request system", try the same without ^ symbol. For example

such a string works for me (denies reuest system commands)

deny-commands "(security)|(system login)|(request system)"

I don't know why it does not work with ^. These allow / deny regular expressions

have always seemed not so obvious to me.

• 3.  RE: Deny operational and configuration commands with classes

Posted 01-02-2014 10:03

This does appear to deny access to request system but it does not deny access to security and system login. Do I need to use a combination of both deny-commands and deny-configuration?

• 4.  RE: Deny operational and configuration commands with classes
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2014 10:07

Hi

Yes, you generally need to use both deny-commands and deny-configuration.