SRX

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Dynamic VPN - Users Change Own Password

Posted 12-14-2016 11:19

I'm looking for a way to allow users to change their own VPN (dynamic VPN) password on a Juniper SRX650 running 12.1X47-D35. My problem is if I log in via cli and type out the command "set access profile bla-profile client bla-client firewall-user password " and have the user finish the command by typing in their password, it shows as they typed it in the terminal window. So then if I take control of the terminal to commit I will see their password. I really don't want the users to commit changes, plus this starts to instruct users on typing multiple commands... I have the SRX650 running in HA, so I can't have the user make the change, close the terminal window, then log back in and commit the changes. I've tried to find the users in J-Web, but I'm failing at finding where to edit the users password. I see the access profile with list of users, just can't figure out how to change the password. I believe J-Web might be able to accomplish my needs, but I fail at the GUI....

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Dynamic VPN - Users Change Own Password

Posted 12-14-2016 21:03

User configuration using J-web is explained on Page 12 - https://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/technotes/dynamic-vpn-appnote-junos10.4-v21.pdf

let me know if this helps you.

• 3.  RE: Dynamic VPN - Users Change Own Password

Posted 12-15-2016 05:14

Thank you for the reply, but this looks to be while setting users up. Users are already set up and I want to provide them a way to change their password, even if it's with my laptop while logged in.

• 4.  RE: Dynamic VPN - Users Change Own Password

Posted 12-29-2016 10:10

Bumping up one more time before I contact JTAC....