SRX

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Dynamic route change logging

Posted 08-12-2014 08:11

I was wondering if there is a way to log when the OSPF routing table changes on an SRX so that I have a log of when dynamic routing changes occur.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Dynamic route change logging

Posted 08-16-2014 22:22

Hi ,

When the OSPF goes down , there will a syslog messages generated about the failure events .

your syslog configuration has to be like this.

set system syslog file messages any info

or use the command show route from the CLI to find how long the route is up to find the last flap event.

Regards
    rparthi

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated Too

• 3.  RE: Dynamic route change logging
    Best Answer

Posted 08-17-2014 09:58

You could turn on traceoptions under OSPF and set a flag for whatever you are interested in logging.  In most networks, this shouldn't generate too much data, so I suspect it would be fine to do longer-term if filtered appropriately.

• 4.  RE: Dynamic route change logging

Posted 08-22-2014 07:17

I used the traceoptions on both of my VRs ospf configuration (one log file per VR).  Currently using the general (general is a combination of the normal and route flags), events, packets, and error flags.  Although, the packets flag logs all ospf related packets including hello messages, which may be more than some people want in their log files.  You could remove the packets flag and replace it with just the specific packet flags named lsa-update, lsa-request, and lsa-ack.  If you do this, your logs will be much smaller as the hello messages happen quite often.  As a result, you could probably reduce the log file size from 1m to 100k or less.

protocols

ospf

file ospf_trace size 1m files 10 world-readable;
         flag error;
         flag general;
         flag event;
         flag packets;