SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Editing SRX in CLI then syncing in Space

03.12.18   |  
‎03-12-2018 09:34 PM

Hi,

Would any problems arise if i do the configuration of a SRX firewall first on the CLI, then after doing the changes just resynchronize it with Junos Space? 

I just usually use space for multiple firewall policies configuration but i find i think its easier to do a single firewall configuration on CLI because I can just copy and paste the config.

Thanks!

Jon

Smiley Very Happy
1 REPLY
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Editing SRX in CLI then syncing in Space

03.12.18   |  
‎03-12-2018 09:59 PM

Would any problems arise if i do the configuration of a SRX firewall first on the CLI, then after doing the changes just resynchronize it with Junos Space?  - Following is the way ahead.

1. If you are going to do CLI changes of unsupported features (i.e. VRF changes, Firewall filters, AD configurations under services, rpm monitoring etc) - then you can resynchronize the device in Junos Space security director and it is all good.

2. If you are going to do CLI changes of supported features (i.e. NAT policies, Firewall policies, IPSec VPNs and IPS/Webfiltering polices etc)  - then you will have re-import the changes which may create a duplicate entry in the Space. If you going to change the supported features, it is recommended to change it via Jspace.

HTH.
Accept this as solution if it resolved your issue.
Kudos would be appreciated too.