SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Entering Configuration mode after Exiting still wants to commit Old changes

‎05-22-2014 03:51 AM

Hey guys,

So maybe I'm missing a command but I'm currently working in a lab environment. When I add commands without commiting then exit out of configuration mode then go back into configuration mode the commands are still in place. In the production environment that I'm use to working on I exit out of configuration mode the commands are gone once I enter back into configuration mode.

-Cameron

2 REPLIES 2
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Entering Configuration mode after Exiting still wants to commit Old changes

[ Edited ]
‎05-22-2014 07:05 AM

You've described the behavior of the 'configure private' command. 

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB20693

Perhaps it's possible to configure private configuration as default, as seen in your production environment.

SRX Services Gateway

Re: Entering Configuration mode after Exiting still wants to commit Old changes

‎05-22-2014 01:10 PM

smicker's explanation is correct. if you enter configure-private or configure-exclusive, then any changes made to the configuration are lost if not committed. In order to clear any configuration changes made and to exit without the prompt, simply type rollback or rollback 0, they bot acomplish the same thing. You may also want to view the operational assignments to the user class that your account belongs to, maybe ther is an option available that cause that behavior but I am not aware of any.

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]