SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

HA Cluster manual failover Problem

[ Edited ]
‎12-13-2011 07:41 AM

Hi,

I have a running and operational cluster of 2 SRX nodes 5800, while I'm connecting to the cluster using SSH - when ever am trying to issue manual failover from node 0 to node 1 for a redundancy-group 0 I got disconnected from the terminal

and I got the following message on the terminal :

Message from syslogd@SRX-FW0 at Dec 13 17:22:30  ...
SRX-FW0 node0.fpc1 RDP: Remote side closed connection: rdp.(fpc1:28674).(serverRouter:chassis)

and I have to connect console to node 0 and make it as primary in the RG0 , this behavior is not happened in the RG1 , the configuration is fine and the show chassis cluster status is showing the 2 nodes in primary secondry modes with no problem , any ideas for that issue .

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: HA Cluster manual failover Problem

‎12-13-2011 10:06 AM

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then what you see is expected.

RG1....n are for the data plane and can be failed over without affecting the routing engine (and your console connection). RG0 is the control plane that you are connected to, so failing this over to the other node will disconnect your console session if you are logged in via SSH or telnet through a revenue port, but you should after a couple of seconds be able to re-connect to the other node.

If you are connected via the serial console or fxp0 interface then your session shouldn't disconnect but you will then be managing the passive node.

Hope that makes sense.

Gavin

JNCIE-SEC #47, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SA, JNCIS-AC, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-FWV
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: HA Cluster manual failover Problem

‎12-13-2011 01:08 PM

Thanks for your replay,

I was connected through a remote SSH session to the fxp0 and I was disconnected and I wasn't able to connect back to the firewall till I told some one who is on site to revert back to the node 0 to manage the firewall once again .. any ideas what happened.

Feedback