SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-02-2010 04:50

Hi-

I have configured HA in SRX 240 but there is light amber in HA, if  you have some scenario, please share.

please find the attached config and find the show chasiss status for all.

Attachment(s)

txt
    show chasiss.txt   5 KB 1 version
    txt
    config.txt   12 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-02-2010 05:20

Could also be a non-set rescue config. Issue these commands in operation mode and we will know more:

> show chassis alarm
    > show system alarm

Regards,

Dominik

• 3.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-03-2010 03:52

i have save rescue and also monitor as per ur efforts , find there is utm license alarm only no more then this.

i have posted the config and monitored config also plz details it and reply with solution.ok hope you will efforts me.

• 4.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-03-2010 07:13

I think that the amber HA light is indicative of a problem with the HA control links.  If you look at the statistics, it would seem that there is a fairly large difference between the heartbeats sent and the heartbeats received.  Have you checked the cabling to ensure that you do not have a bad cable here?  I think that the rescue config, license alarms, etc. would result in an alarm LED being lit, but the HA light should only be impacted by HA events.

Ron

• 5.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-03-2010 11:10

That light will stay amber - and the priority will be 0, when you check the chassis cluster status - until all monitored interfaces are up. The majority of your interfaces are down, and that's why you see the light.

• 6.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-04-2010 08:32

Hi Shyan,

I agree with  tbehrens . The alarm is due to the monitored interfaces being down. 

Just to add that when I look at your UTM policies , it seems that the UTM is never hit as it is placed below the generic policy. Please change the order of the policies .

• 7.  RE: HA indicating light amber

Posted 11-07-2010 11:14

If you want to be sure, there is a nice (but hidden) command: show chassis cluster information

This will show you lots of details about the cluster status, the status of the LED and the reason is one of them:

Chassis cluster LED information:
        Current LED color: Amber
        Last LED change reason: Monitored objects are down

• 8.  RE: HA indicating light amber
    Best Answer

Posted 11-09-2010 01:48

Hi motd,

Thank you for efforts, it solved my problem.

Smiley Happy