SRX

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

Posted 12-20-2009 06:13

Hi

I have SRX-240 box and i have configured dialup vpn for netscreen remote client on SRX with x-auth and its working fine. But i want to assing dialup vpn users to IP, DNS through xauth but i didnt find these options and configuration. Can any one let me know how to configure this?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

Posted 12-21-2009 14:53

If you are using IAS for xauth, you can assign  static IP via AD user properties under the dial-in tab, you can also  assign DNS via IAS using the Juniper VSA (Vendor Specific Attributes) DNS attribute(Vendor Code 4874 Attribute 4).

• 3.  RE: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

Posted 12-26-2009 21:30

Hi

Actually I am using the local authentication for x-auth users. But I did not see any options on srx to give IP address to dialup vpn users.

Can any one help me out?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-29-2009 20:32

Presently with xauth you can only assign IP and DNS, etc. using Radius. Local IP pool assignment is on the roadmap for future release.

-Richard

• 5.  RE: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

Posted 12-30-2009 12:04

Hi richard

Thanks for help. I really appreciate it. This local IP pool should be there because its common requirement. Offcourse for 2-3 dialup vpn users no one can build radius server. Any ways when it is expected to add?

• 6.  RE: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

Posted 04-01-2010 16:19

Everyone,

I have a working config on my SRX240 using XAUTH. The virtual adapter comes up always with the IP address obtained on the clients local network. I do not wish to assign DNS to the client, but I do wish to assign an IP address. I set an IP address for the user in their account/dial-in tab, but this IP address is not pushed to the client. If i select mode config -> automatic in VPN tracker, I never recieve an IP and the connection never establishes. The same in Netscreen remote, if I select Virtual Adapter, prefered the connection does not complete. I know on my SSG20 I would select that for those Xauth users i needed to query the remote config from my radius server. I do not see that option on my SRX240. How do I tell the SRX240 to query the IP address provided by the radius server and give that to the connecting client?

Thanks in advace.