SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

‎12-20-2009 06:13 AM

Hi

I have SRX-240 box and i have configured dialup vpn for netscreen remote client on SRX with x-auth and its working fine. But i want to assing dialup vpn users to IP, DNS through xauth but i didnt find these options and configuration. Can any one let me know how to configure this?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
SRX Services Gateway

Re: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netscreen remote VPN user?

[ Edited ]
‎12-21-2009 02:53 PM

If you are using IAS for xauth, you can assign  static IP via AD user properties under the dial-in tab, you can also  assign DNS via IAS using the Juniper VSA (Vendor Specific Attributes) DNS attribute(Vendor Code 4874 Attribute 4).

SRX Services Gateway

Re: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netscreen remote VPN user?

‎12-26-2009 09:29 PM

Hi

Actually I am using the local authentication for x-auth users. But I did not see any options on srx to give IP address to dialup vpn users.

Can any one help me out?

Thanks

SRX Services Gateway
Solution
Accepted by topic author aeroplane
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

‎12-29-2009 08:31 PM

Presently with xauth you can only assign IP and DNS, etc. using Radius. Local IP pool assignment is on the roadmap for future release.

-Richard

SRX Services Gateway

‎12-30-2009 12:03 PM

Hi richard

Thanks for help. I really appreciate it. This local IP pool should be there because its common requirement. Offcourse for 2-3 dialup vpn users no one can build radius server. Any ways when it is expected to add?

SRX Services Gateway

Re: How to assign IP, DNS etc to dialup VPN user using netsctreeen remote VPN user?

‎04-01-2010 04:19 PM

Everyone,

I have a working config on my SRX240 using XAUTH. The virtual adapter comes up always with the IP address obtained on the clients local network. I do not wish to assign DNS to the client, but I do wish to assign an IP address. I set an IP address for the user in their account/dial-in tab, but this IP address is not pushed to the client. If i select mode config -> automatic in VPN tracker, I never recieve an IP and the connection never establishes. The same in Netscreen remote, if I select Virtual Adapter, prefered the connection does not complete. I know on my SSG20 I would select that for those Xauth users i needed to query the remote config from my radius server. I do not see that option on my SRX240. How do I tell the SRX240 to query the IP address provided by the radius server and give that to the connecting client?

Thanks in advace.