SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

IT Monitor Script issue - critical

‎10-25-2010 09:59 PM

Hi,

We have a client with a SRX 240 and 3 ISP's.

Users are segrated using filter based forwarding using all 3 ISP's. which are connected to 3 interfaces on the SRX240. We want to achive automatic link failover using the Junos enable-alternate-nexthop.slax/enable-primary-nexthop.slax scripts

The current scenerio as as below

User Set A are connected  to  eth0/0  using ISP 1 link

User Set B are connected  to eth0/1 using ISP 2 link

User Set C are connected to eth0/2 and  using ISP 3

However I understand from JTAC that the Junos Script can only be used if all the users are on one interface and considering the above scenerio the scirpt cannot be used. The customer is pissed off as he is unable to get a simple job done which is pretty much available with products of others vendors

Any help/guidance/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: IT Monitor Script issue - critical

‎10-26-2010 08:37 AM

Hi Ali,

I am not sure what you mean by saying

" However I understand from JTAC that the Junos Script can only be used if all the users are on one interface and considering the above scenerio the scirpt cannot be used."

I don't think JTAC would have suggest exact this statement coz its the matter of sending them (users )  out no matter from where they reach the SRX. [ I believed JTAC are experts at routing things smileywink::]

The script which you have mentioned talks about only 2 hops [primary & alternate next-hop ] . In your scenario you have 3 ISPs to be failed over.

Also I am assuming that all the three links are reaching SRX device through switches or modems [ meaning the link can fail without turning the interfaces down ].

May be you need to modify the scripts enough to disable two links & bring them back once the links are back......

Take Care,
Njoy Networking........................Smiley Happy