SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  JTAC Recommended Version is not latest

Posted 12-08-2016 15:01

Hello,

SRX100H2:  What does JTAC recommend in KB21476 against running Junos 12.3X48-D40 and instead tell me that I should run Junos 12.3X48-D35?

Source: https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476&actp=search

Thank you,

Chris

• 2.  RE: JTAC Recommended Version is not latest
    Best Answer

Posted 12-08-2016 16:12

It's not unusual for JTAC to recommend versions older than the latest and greatest.

Personally what I do is go through the release notes for the latest software and build a sort of a diff picture to get an idea of what changed between the recommended version and the latest version. And unless there's something I really need, or something I'm having issues with is fixed, I go with the recommended version.

• 3.  RE: JTAC Recommended Version is not latest

Posted 12-08-2016 21:04

JTAC recommended version is not the latest Junos but the most stable version available. They decide the stable versions from the information collected from many sources. There are few other inputs as well taken into consideration like how long this versions is active ,its EOL dates and all.

So its expected that the latest version maynot be the recommended version. If you dont have any specific features/requirements available on latest versions you may go with recommended version.

New features, bug fixes ,known issues are listed on the release notes.