SRX

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
Expand all | Collapse all

JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

• 1.  JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 06:54

Hi. I purchased a used (EOL) SRX 240H. I have no support purchased. Can I download the JUNOS PULSE vpn client version for free to connect with Winows 10 - like Pulse Secure Desktop Client 64 Bit Installer MSI for Windows 109.1r211 Oct 20193

Are there any other free clients?

• 2.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 07:52

Hello Robert,

You don't need an active support contract to download the Pulse client application. Please register with Juniper and use your credentials to download the application.

Pulse 9.1R2 images for use with SRX Dynamic-VPN connections may be obtained from Juniper Download site. This is the recommended pulse version for connecting Juniper SRX.

However, I have seen people using pulse clients downloaded from direct pulse secure page which was working perfectly. Also, I heard that you can use shrewsoft for dynamic VPN with SRX.

Shrewsoft dynamic VPN with SRX:

https://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/Can-SRX-series-work-with-Shrew-Soft-VPN-client/td-p/76176

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oESsM-fM7-s

• 3.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 08:33

[EDIT]

Hi. Thansk for you answer.

But I'm registered and when I try to download from here ....https://support.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=pulse 

And there is the version: Pulse Secure Desktop Client 64 Bit Installer MSI for Windows 10

I get the message:

You have encountered this error because your account privileges do not currently permit access to the information or service requested. Software download entitlement is granted for customers under the following scenarios.

• Juniper Product within the first 90 days of the hardware warranty period.
    • Juniper Product which is currently under an active maintenance contract.
    • Juniper Standalone Software Subscription which is currently active.

How may I update my account privileges to enable access?

• Users with an approved Customer or Partner login account may request access to software downloads using the Juniper Digital Assistant (JDA). You will require your entitled Juniper product SN/SSRN.
    • Users with a Guest user login account interested in evaluating Juniper's product software may contact Customer Care for assistance.
    • If you do not yet have a Juniper login account and are interested in downloads for your Juniper product or evaluation software you may create an account here.

Unless I registered incorrectly ..

• 4.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10
    Best Answer

Posted 07-27-2020 08:43

Hello Robert,

This is a standard error message for Account related issues. Please follow the steps suggested for account privileges and if it doesn't help then you have to ring to Juniper customer care to sort out this issue.

Alternatively, I have seen customers downloading the most recent pulse secure client directly from the following link - https://www.pulsesecure.net/trynow/client-download/. However, it is not a recommended pulse version for connecting with SRX series devices. 

I managed to find another 3rd party website where they got pulse secure client v9.1R7 which is quite old - https://support.plymouth.edu/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/how-to-install-and-connect-to-the-pulse-secure-vpn-client

But I would always recommend to download from the Juniper official website😊

• 5.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 08:51

This link:

I managed to find another 3rd party website where they got pulse secure client v9.1R7 which is quite old - https://support.plymouth.edu/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/how-to-install-and-connect-to-the-pulse-secure-vpn-client

it worked it worked 🙂

Thank you for your help 🙂
    Can I write to you on priv?

• 6.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 09:00

You wrote:

This is a standard error message for Account related issues. Please follow the steps suggested for account privileges and if it doesn't help then you have to ring to Juniper customer care to sort out this issue.
    As I wrote, I bought a used SRX (EOL) - it is probably registered for someone else. But now I have bought it. In that case, can I somehow contact Juniper so that they can download Secure Pulse 9.1 officially from them anyway? Because I can register and give the serial number on the casing when registering.

• 7.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 11:05

I'm glad it all worked out 😊

Yes, Robert, you can message me.

Honestly, I'm not sure about the Juniper process on this one. I guess there is only one way to find out; give them a ring.

• 8.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 11:17
    and tell me, to what address to Juniper can I write an official inquiry on this matter?

• 9.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 12:22

To my knowledge, anyone can create a "customer care case" (ie non-technical case) and in that case you can mention this KB thread (mentioning that no entitlement should be required) yet your CSC account is not allowing you to download pulse client.  

HTH
    SC

• 10.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 13:06
    is there an application form or contact e-mail somewhere? because I'm looking and I can't find ...

• 11.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-27-2020 19:20

Hi Robert,

The email address is available on the non-technical case has been created and an agent is assigned to your case. For that, you need an account with Juniper and unfortunately, we are dealing with Account related issues.

So, the only option is to call the customer care and open a ticket. Please find the Juniper support numbers - https://support.juniper.net/support/requesting-support/

• 12.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-28-2020 05:22

And tell me, is there a free vpn application for mobile devices - android?

• 13.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 07-28-2020 07:05

I don't think so. In fact, AFAIK mobile VPNs aren't available at all.

• 14.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 08-07-2020 05:16

In order to connect to an SRX's Dynamic VPN under Windows 10 1909 or newer you must use Juniper's specific version of the Pulse Secure Desktop 9.1R2.0. It contains an updated version of an embedded driver that will work under that OS. If you use Pulse Secure's version, which are released later 9.1R2.0--for example the recently released 9.1R8.0--they still have old versions of the driver and you will get issues like being able to connect but can't access any of your protected resources. Refer to Juniper TSB17441 and KB35342.

In addition if you have an old version of the 240, you most likely won't have the latest version of the firmware, which has a security vulnerability that affects its Dynamic VPN. I highly advise you not to expose your SRX with Dynamic VPN enabled to the internet. See https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA11021

• 15.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 08-07-2020 05:40

Hi, thanks for the answer.
    Since I have purchased a second-hand SRX 240H (EOL) (soft version JUNOS 12.1X44-D40.2 built 08/28/2014 - I can't download any newer updates for free in any way?

For now, I am having fun and getting to know Juniper, and although I have this firewall on a public address - however, communication from outside after https is limited only to a specific address. So no one is likely to come in.

Because when I click on this link what you provided: and how i want to download the update files contained therein

I have a message again:

You have encountered this error because your account privileges do not currently permit access to the information or service requested. Software download entitlement is granted for customers under the following scenarios.

• Juniper Product within the first 90 days of the hardware warranty period.
    • Juniper Product which is currently under an active maintenance contract.
    • Juniper Standalone Software Subscription which is currently active.

How may I update my account privileges to enable access?

• Users with an approved Customer or Partner login account may request access to software downloads using the Juniper Digital Assistant (JDA). You will require your entitled Juniper product SN/SSRN.
    • Users with a Guest user login account interested in evaluating Juniper's product software may contact Customer Care for assistance.
    • If you do not yet have a Juniper login account and are interested in downloads for your Juniper product or evaluation software you may create an account here.

Do any of you know how to help me? Does that mean I can't download any firmware updates anymore? 😞

• 16.  RE: JUNOS PULSE vpn client version with Winows 10

Posted 08-07-2020 21:37

You can only download firmware if you have a service contract. The version you're running is no longer maintained and it is quite likely the issue affects that branch.

I don't think you understand the seriousness of the vulnerability so I will highlight the relevant description of the problem.

A vulnerability in the HTTP/HTTPS service used by J-Web, Web Authentication, Dynamic-VPN (DVPN), Firewall Authentication Pass-Through with Web-Redirect, and Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) allows an unauthenticated attacker to perform local file inclusion (LFI) which could be leveraged to perform Remote Code Execution (RCE) and take control of the device.

This issue only affects Juniper Networks Junos OS devices with HTTP/HTTPS services enabled.

The problem is not only bad actors accessing your network but using your device as a springboard to do harm to others.

JunOS's Dynamic VPN on these older devices is getting long in the tooth anyway because it's IPSec only and the Pulse Secure client for mobile only supports SSL. It would be better if you deploy OpenVPN or some other VPN software and turn off HTTP/HTTPS on your internet-facing port. I understand newer versions of JunOS will support SSLVPN. It is best practice to put the management port of the SRX in an allowed list on your internal facing network, too.