SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Juniper SRX220H device returns to factory

‎09-28-2016 09:14 AM

Hello comunity I need your help please I have a device 220H juniper srx which introduced two ultimameente a factory reset, I must return a car. I find what the problem is if I can guide please.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Juniper SRX220H device returns to factory

‎09-28-2016 06:06 PM

Its not very clear, can you please share some more details.

Thanks,
Suraj
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎09-29-2016 11:51 AM

hello, my problem is that srx220h device returns to its factory settings, to last 4 times this week.

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎09-30-2016 07:50 PM

Its most probably due to file system corruption and device is not able to read the config files. The best solution would be to recover the device using a snapshot taken from another device.

Step 1.
Plug in a USB drive (2-8 GB) to the working device
Step 2.
Take snapshot to usb using following command "srx> request system snapshot media usb partition
Step 3.
Once snapshot is complete, plug in this USB to faulty device and power cycle the same. The device will try to boot up from USB
Step 4.
Once the device boots up copy the snapshot from USB to internal flash using "srx> request system snapshot media internal partition"
Step 5.
Once the above step is completed, unplug the USB and try power cycle the device to make sure it boots up successfully

Thanks,
Suraj
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎10-02-2016 05:37 PM

Are you saying the SRX fails and just comes up at factory default?

Perhaps you had a power outage the the SRX is booting from the snapshot that is still the factory default. 

After you get the device configured and setup be sure to make a fresh snapshot with the final configuration.

request system snapshot slice alternate

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Feedback