SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Logging DHCP bindings

Posted 03-18-2019 08:32

I'm trying to log DHCP bindings (IP -> MAC mapping).

I do NOT mean displaying the current bindings with show dhcp [...]. I mean sending log messages to a syslog server.

To quote Juniper:

This was added by SRX team with RLI 39642 but it is not SRX specific. In can be enabled for any platform per the specification.

<<<

DH_SVC_V4_SERVER_GET_BOUND: DHCPv4 server changed a binding to state BOUND:default/default, interface ge-0/0/6.0, MAC 44:f4:77:d6:67:0a, IP 100.10.1.11, lease-time 150.

>>>

Does anyone know what an RLI is and in what version of JunOS one may find this particular RLI?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Logging DHCP bindings
    Best Answer

Posted 03-18-2019 09:00

Hi Nikolay,

RLI's are for internal use only.

This feachure is not released yet. It is expected in Junos 19.1R1.

Regards,

Roman

• 3.  RE: Logging DHCP bindings

Posted 03-18-2019 09:11

Thank you for the quick response, Roman.

Do you know if it will also be back-ported to the JTAC-recommended (for SRX3xx) 15.1X49?

Regards,

Nikolay

• 4.  RE: Logging DHCP bindings

Posted 03-18-2019 09:38

Nikolay,

I'm not aware of any plans to back-port this feature to prior release(s), including 15.1X49.

I would suggest to reach out to your Juniper SE representative on this matter.

Regards,

Roman

• 5.  RE: Logging DHCP bindings

Posted 03-18-2019 09:42

Thank you, Roman. Stay safe.

- Nikolay

• 6.  RE: Logging DHCP bindings

Posted 04-01-2019 08:32

I think this is it, in 19.1R1:

Monitoring DHCP session logs (SRX Series)—Starting in Junos OS Release 19.1R1, you can monitor the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) session events. Using the session logs generated by the jdhcp process, you can observe the session (subscribe) creation, session deletion, and renew events details. You can configure the DHCP session logs by using the log session and log session dhcpv6 options at the [edit system processes dhcp-service] hierarchy level for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, respectively. You can use the session logs for monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/19.1/jd0e14979.html#jd0e15092