SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Memory adjustment at the external port

‎07-29-2019 06:12 AM
On the srx models there IS a way to adjust and set the memory wall at the port. This later sets downstream and upstream ports on the local network and makes approved adjustments even at external(non-local) areas. I don't remember the command or minimal Junos version. It involves the cardinal number 4294967295 or just 4gb. Which ever is right. Or both the same, blah blah.

Please tell me the statement block and minimum Junos version. I have forgotten how to find it.
6 REPLIES 6
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Memory adjustment at the external port

‎07-30-2019 12:07 AM

Hi,

When i first read your post question I thought you are looking for a policer, but when you mentioned about the "cardinal number 4294967295 or just 4gb" I could directly relate it to ipsec VPN lifetime-kilobytes which for Juniper is by default 4G.

Assist to elobrate further about yopur specific need.?

Regards,
Rahul
SRX Services Gateway

‎07-30-2019 05:11 AM
I'm referring to memory that is firewalled. It is directly related to the memory an srx has. I looked this up and came up with the srx600's I think it was. The 4G I think was right in terms of being part of the statement but it wasn't about VPN.
SRX Services Gateway

‎07-30-2019 12:26 PM

Hi Eugene,

Please try to elaborate further. When you said memory adjustment, I could only think about this command to re-distribute memory between Control plane and Data plane:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB27082&cat=SRX_210&actp=LIST

Pura Vida from Costa Rica - Mark as Resolved if it applies.
Kudos are appreciated too!
SRX Services Gateway

‎08-01-2019 12:05 PM
I don't know if that may be the same idea as what I'm talking about. I'm sure I'm talking about a different command and it's not supported till later versions such as Junos 13 or even higher. That's what I remember.
SRX Services Gateway

‎08-01-2019 01:11 PM

Eugene,

Here you can find the Release Notes from a SRX345, maybe you can check with the keyword "memory" in the latest versions in order to find the command/feature you are looking for:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/product/en_US/srx345#cat=release_notes&tab=release_18.2

I chose SRX345 because it supports the latest versions so you can find the latest Release Notes.

Couple of things from your previous posts:

-There is no SRX600, maybe you meant SRX650?

-There is no junos version 13 for SRX devices. The newer releases are 71.X, 18.X and 19.X.

If you recall more information about the feature you are looking for, let us know and we will try to help you.

Pura Vida from Costa Rica - Mark as Resolved if it applies.
Kudos are appreciated too!
SRX Services Gateway

‎08-01-2019 04:24 PM
I was simply guestimating on the Junos version. I meant srx650, you know series. But I think it applies to srx550, but I forgot. Really, I just forgot the info i used to look it up. I'm pretty sure it was not a VPN thing. Must be Junos 15 if there is one.