SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Policy Session Limit

Posted 01-27-2010 19:15

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving from a pair of SSG 520s to a pair of SRX 240s.

I am trying to find a way to do the following in JunOS:

set policy id 4 from "Untrust" to "Public"  "Any-IPv4" "Any-IPv4" "ANY" permit count sess-limit per-src-ip 1000

Basically I want to setup a session limit for certain policies.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Policy Session Limit
    Best Answer

Posted 01-28-2010 12:39

Hello there,

AFAIR, there is no direct match for this ScreenOS feature in SRX but you can mimic this behaviour with following approach:

1/ write a policy with appropriate match criteria and action=permit. Let's call it policy #100

2/ write another policy with same match criteria and action=discard. Let's call it policy #200

3/ write a SLAX script which periodically reads "show security policies policy-name <name> detail" and takes session count from there

4/ should the count exceed the rising threshold, the SLAX script reorders  policies in such way that policy #200 appears before policy #100.

5/ should the number of policies drop below falling threshold, script reorders policies back.

The only thing which is missing is session accounting per src IP but you can always write a separate policy per /32 src prefix.

Good luck!

Rgds

Alex

• 3.  RE: Policy Session Limit

Posted 02-02-2010 19:17

Thanks Alex, sounds pretty complex for doing a simple session limit!

• 4.  RE: Policy Session Limit

• 5.  RE: Policy Session Limit

• 6.  RE: Policy Session Limit

Posted 02-09-2010 11:46

Hello there,

"set security screen ids-option <name> limit-session" can be used to limit sessions per src.IP/dst.IP inside a zone/per zone.

The OP asked for session limit per policy which AFAIK has no direct match in SRX.

Rgds

Alex

• 7.  RE: Policy Session Limit

Posted 11-18-2011 07:37

hi any example for slax script for policy session limit?

• 8.  RE: Policy Session Limit

Posted 07-07-2014 06:10

Hi,

do you know if there is anything more up to date, or the Junos Scripts should be still used?

I need to limit the number of specific application sessions.

Thanks, M.