SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Remote Access SSL VPN with NPC Client

‎10-13-2017 12:45 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the Maximum number of SSL VPN users supported on SRX5k using  NPC client.

Regards,

Mannan

4 REPLIES 4
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Remote Access SSL VPN with NPC Client

‎10-13-2017 01:35 AM

Hi Mannan,

i would expect it depends on how many SPC which is installed in the srx5k chassis.

The scale numbers are above 20.000 (up to 50.000 on a fully specced SRX5800) concurrent users but I would not expect this with 1 SPC installed - so reach out to your local Partner SE to get a more specific scaling number.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
SRX Services Gateway

‎10-13-2017 02:43 AM

Hi Jonas,

Can you please point to towards the documentation that porvides info for number of sessions per SPU in the SPC.

Regards,

Mannan

SRX Services Gateway

‎10-13-2017 05:29 AM

SSL VPN on the newer releases and dynamic IPSEC VPN in older releases of Junos for SRX is a licensed feature only on certain models.  So the limit is on the number of simultaneous connections that you have licensed for the device.

I do not see license options listed for the SRX 5k so this may still not be supported.  Check with your reseller for the license maximum users per device model and their availability.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
SRX Services Gateway

‎10-13-2017 07:28 AM

Hi Steve and Mannan,

NCP Remote access is supported on entire SRX range (300 series, 550HM, 1500, 4100/4200 and 5000 series) since 15.1X49-D100 (ref: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/information-products/topic-collections/release-not...)

On SRX300 and SRX320 it can only be done as a ipsec client but from SRX340 and higher it can be done via ssl vpn.

Licensing is the same across all platforms but obvious the scale is different:

licenses.PNG

There is no scaling numbers for SSL VPN per SPC so you will need to reach out to your preferred Juniper partner/reseller to have the ask Juniper internally.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)