SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Remove address-book from group address

Posted 02-24-2016 07:23

Hi 

I am new in SRX and want to know how to remove address-book from group-address.

Let's say, i have "SERVER" group and there is two entry. 

I want to remove 10.10.150.60 from this "SERVER" group address, what will be best way to remove?

set security zones security-zone tunnel address-book address 10.10.10.60 10.10.10.60/32

set security zones security-zone tunnel address-book address 10.10.10.62 10.10.10.62/32

set security zones security-zone tunnel address-book address-set SERVER address 10.10.10.60
    set security zones security-zone tunnel address-book address-set SERVER address 10.10.10.62

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Remove address-book from group address
    Best Answer

Posted 02-24-2016 08:29

Hello,

The below command should do it:

delete security zones security-zone tunnel address-book address-set SERVER address 10.10.10.60

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Remove address-book from group address

Posted 02-25-2016 15:26

Thank you RTILAK!!

• 4.  RE: Remove address-book from group address

Posted 12-29-2016 13:42

I cannot seem to remove an adress book entry from my SRX220. I use the Gui and the change won't commit. So It try from the CLI. My Config is thus (without x's):

security-zone Internet {
    address-book {
    address Dave_home 70.x.x.x/32;

I want to remove Dave, been using:

delete security zones security-zone internet address-book address-set address Dave_home 70.x.x.x/32

Router comes back "No entry exists". I have others in there to delete as well. Same issue on them. I've even just tried on the address 70.x.x.x

• 5.  RE: Remove address-book from group address

Posted 12-29-2016 14:00

Hi Scott,

basically you are mixing up address book entries and address-sets (groups).

Your command "delete security zones security-zone internet address-book address-set address Dave_home 70.x.x.x/32" tries to delete an address name 'Dave_home' within an address-set names 'address'.

The correct command should be:

delete security zones security-zone internet address-book address Dave_home

I hope this solves your issue.

• 6.  RE: Remove address-book from group address

Posted 12-30-2016 08:03

Hi Jonas! Happy New Year to you sir!

Well I finally got it to work. Two things -

First I had to delete the Policy associated with Dave_home.  Then using your given command I was able to delete the address book entry- My issue was that I had a lower case "i" for Internet - that's why it wasn't found. 🙂 But after I corrected that, it would'nt take the commit because the Policy for Dave_home was squaking that it didn't have an address for Dave.!

So, I got the Policy out first, commited that, then went into the address book as noted. With a captial "I" for internet.

Thank you so much!

Scott