SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

SNMP Authentication and Privacy password doesn't work

[ Edited ]
‎03-21-2020 03:22 AM
Configuration Sample and testing commands
If I apply(copy/paste) following block (multiple commands) of SNMP configuration:
set snmp v3 vacm security-to-group security-model usm security-name NetorcUser group NetorcGroup
set snmp v3 vacm access group NetorcGroup default-context-prefix security-model usm security-level privacy context-match exact
set snmp v3 vacm access group NetorcGroup default-context-prefix security-model usm security-level privacy read-view NetorcViewGLOBAL
set snmp v3 vacm access group NetorcGroup default-context-prefix security-model usm security-level privacy notify-view NetorcViewGLOBAL
set snmp engine-id use-mac-address
set snmp view NetorcViewGLOBAL oid internet include
set snmp view NetorcViewGLOBAL oid .1 include
set snmp v3 usm local-engine user NetorcUser authentication-sha authentication-password juniper1234
set snmp v3 usm local-engine user NetorcUser privacy-des privacy-password juniper1234
commit
SNMP polling doesn't work, get the following response for walk
snmpwalk -v3 -t 10 -l authPriv -u NetorcUser -a sha -A juniper1234 -x des -X juniper1234 1.1.1.1
snmpwalk: Authentication failure (incorrect password, community or key)
But when I enters the last three commands again (one at a time). SNMP starts working. I have checked on both 15 and 18 version of vSRX.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SNMP Authentication and Privacy password doesn't work

‎03-24-2020 12:18 PM

Hi a.shaan,

Are you trying to poll one of the nodes in the SRX cluster?

If so, please refer to this KB: https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB27191

Regards,

HS

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SNMP Authentication and Privacy password doesn't work

‎03-25-2020 02:59 AM

Can you confirm after the bulk entry that all the commands were actually accepted by showing the configuration.  I've seen issues where the input buffer on various connections limit the size of a paste text that actually gets passed to the device and just cuts it off at the end of the buffer size so it only appears to be entered but the ending commands are not.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Feedback