SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX High Availability

Posted 12-04-2015 14:27

I have two SRX 210's in HA. 

ge-0/0/0 and ge-2/0/0 are egress points (reth0)

fe-0/0/5 and fe-2/0/5 are for HA communication.

ge-0/0/1 and ge-2/0/1 and internal network (reth1)

Back in the old days before HA, ge-0/0/1 - fe-0/0/4 would be set up as

fe-0/0/2 {
            unit 0 {
                family ethernet-switching {
                    vlan {
                        members vlan-trust;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

How do I configure ge-0/0/1 - fe-0/0/4 along with ge-2/0/1 - fe-2/0/4 to all be HA and be switches?  I don't want to give up the fe ports.  I don't understand the concept of swfab0.  The Junipers keep telling me that I cannot include interfaces that are in a reth. 

Any ideas or sample configurations I can look at?  Most people I've seen from searching the internets either give up the fe ports or assign them their own IP addresses.  I want them all to be in vlan-trust with ge-0/0/1 and be HA with their counterparts on node1.  Any ideas?

Thank you all in advanced for your help.

JamesNT

• 2.  RE: SRX High Availability
    Best Answer

Posted 12-09-2015 03:07

Ethernet ports support various Layer 2 features such as Spanning Tree Protocols, LLDP, LLDP-MED, VLANs etc. You can  use Ethernet switching features on both nodes of a chassis cluster. The Ethernet ports on either of the nodes can be configured for family Ethernet switching. You can configure a Layer 2 VLAN domain with member ports from both of the nodes and the Layer 2 switching protocols on both of the devices. To ensure that Layer 2 switching works seamlessly across chassis cluster nodes, a dedicated physical link connecting the nodes is required. This type of link is called a switching fabric interface (swfab). Its function is to transmit Layer 2 traffic between the nodes that are placed in the same Later 2 Domain.
    The following should edxplain very clearly.
    http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21422&smlogin=true&actp=search