SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

SRX-MP-1VDSL2 vectoring support / missing firmware

‎04-06-2020 02:54 PM

Hi all!

I have the SRX240 with SRX-MP-1VDSL2-A mini-PIM installed. Unfortunately recently it has stopped syncing to my provider's DSLAM. The ISP provided VDSL2 modem connects just fine.

The only difference is that the ISP modem supports VDSL vectoring and the miniPIM VDSL's firmware (2.10) does not. When inquiring with the ISP, they confirmed they had another customer with the SRX and the same problem and that upgrading the firmware solves that issue.

Sadly, I'm not a corporate customer and I don't have a support contract (I just have this one SRX). Is there any chance someone could help me by providing the updated firmware for the VDSL PIM?

I've found a similar thread and I thought I'd ask here:

https://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/SRX220-SRX-MP-1VDSL2-A-and-VDSL-Vectoring/m-p/318...

rtr1> show version
Hostname: rtr1
Model: srx240h2-poe
JUNOS Software Release [12.3X48-D100.1]

rtr1> show system firmware
Part             Type           Tag Current   Available Status
                                    version   version
FPC 3
  PIC 0          SFPI2CMFPGA    13  0.9.0               OK
FPC 4
  PIC 0          VDSLBCM        10  2.10.0              OK
Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS        0   2.8       2.8       OK
Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS Backup 1   2.8       2.8       OK
Routing Engine 0 RE FPGA        11  12.3.0              OK

Many thanks!

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SRX-MP-1VDSL2 vectoring support / missing firmware

‎04-12-2020 04:55 AM

Hi Martin,

The jfirmware is not available for public download so, the only option is to contact JTAC for getting the firmware.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎04-12-2020 06:49 AM

Hi,

Thanks, I'm aware of that it isn't public - I've searched for it.

I used to have a support contract and although not being entitled to technical support and I'm able to download any JunOS release from the non-public part of the Juniper support portal.

It's not that it's not listed publicly, it's not even listed after logging in. I just don't see the point of making JunOS but not jfirmware available. Unless that's to force people to use a technical support for something that is an administrative task (sharing a link).

Anyway, I've already solved, my problem with the help of someone else after the official Juniper support was quite unhelpful and unprofessional.

Thanks

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎04-13-2020 02:59 AM

On the support portal try creating an "admin services" case instead of a tech support one.  Point out that the firmware version you need is not listed.  They should be able to get the files posted or you direct access to them since you have download permissions.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎04-14-2020 08:28 AM

@gnufreak wrote:

Anyway, I've already solved, my problem with the help of someone else after the official Juniper support was quite unhelpful and unprofessional.

Thanks

What version were you able to upgrade to? Juniper don't publish the latest VDSL firmware versions anywhere as far as I know, so am keen to know how you got on.

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎07-31-2020 04:43 AM

Same here, i also need the firmware that match my junos version, 12.1 is EoL so it's no longer listed.
Is there anyway i can access it?

Feedback