SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

SRX Randomly Powering Off

‎01-15-2018 07:18 AM

Hello,

I have an issue I am trying to diagnose with my 2 SRX devices running in an HA cluster. Occassionally, maybe once a month, one of the two SRX's will just be completely powered off when I come into the datacenter. The UPS's they are connected to (each to a different UPS) show no power interruptions or issues. They are buth SRX 1500 branch devices running Junos v17.3R1.10

Has anyone else ever seen this behavior and know of a source? The device powers back on and works fine from that point on but I need to get behind the problem. I haven't found anything that indicates a configuration or hardware issue but then again I don't know 100% how to check. I am working with JTAC but so far they haven't provided anything particularly useful.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SRX Randomly Powering Off

‎01-15-2018 11:33 AM

After working with JTAC support they found this is a know Problem Report PR1241061 (https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1241061) that is causing my random power offs. So this issue is now understood and we are planning to move to the JTAC recommended 15.4 branch with a fix for this issue.