SRX

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX and OSPF

Posted 10-06-2009 15:03
    Hello

I am having an issue getting an SRX 210 running Junos 9.6 to Form an OSPF Adjacency with a EX4200. The configuration is simple but I cannot get the SRX to show any neigbor information. The EX4200 shows the SRX as the neigbor, but the status is init.

----------------------                                        ------------------
    |                          |                                       |                     |
    |        SRX           |-------------------------------|    EX            |----------------------------------------------
    |                           |                                      |                     |
    ---------------------                                        -------------------

ge-0/0/0.0                                     vlan.0                   vlan.100
    172.16.1.254                             172.16.1.100            172.16.100.222

The configuration on the SRX

root@SRX210> show configuration protocols
    ospf {
        area 0.0.0.0 {
            interface ge-0/0/0.0;
        }

And Likewise on the EX

root@EX4200# show protocols
    ospf {
        area 0.0.0.0 {
            interface vlan.0;
            interface vlan.100;
        }

The SRX shows no adjacency and the EX shows this:

root@EX4200# run show ospf neighbor
    Address          Interface              State     ID               Pri  Dead
    172.16.1.254     vlan.0                 Init      172.16.1.254     128    35

Are there issues with the SRX and OSPF or did I do something wrong??

• 2.  RE: SRX and OSPF

Posted 10-06-2009 17:27

Further work, I have added a Cisco 2600 to the mix and this forms the Adjacency with the EX but not the SRX. Both the EX and the Cisco say either init or init/drother when peering with the SRX

Any Help would be appreciated

Relik

• 3.  RE: SRX and OSPF
    Best Answer

Posted 10-06-2009 20:35

Are you allowing OSPF under host-inbound-traffic your SRX's ge-0/0/0.0 interface or in the security-zone. 

security {

zones  {

security-zone ZONENAME {

interface ge-0/0/0.0 {

host-inbound-traffic {

protocols {

ospf;

}

}

}

}

}

}    

hope that helps!

• 4.  RE: SRX and OSPF

Posted 10-07-2009 13:30

Yep that did it, I keep forgetting these things are a firewall before they are a router, I did set up Firewall Filters, But not the inbout traffic on the Trusted Interface..

Cheers

Relik