SRX

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX210 Firmware Upgrade on RE bios backup fails

Posted 09-25-2013 17:34

So I am pretty sure this is a self created problem.

I was able to upgrade the BIOS /  firmware of the Routing Engine without issue.  But I rebooted right after and then tried the backup RE.  At this point it fails with the error of:

error: invalid xml tag () from chassis-control daemon

I've tried rebooting the SRX.  I've tried upgrading from with the CLI and out.  Nothing works.  This is a SRX210HE-POE with RE version 7.

BIOS / Firmware was 2.0 and we upgraded to 2.5.

Is there a way to upgrade the backup RE?

• 2.  RE: SRX210 Firmware Upgrade on RE bios backup fails
    Best Answer

Posted 09-28-2013 02:00

Hi,

I had the same issue, I've contacted JTAC and they give me a workaround:

If you want, you can do a quick health check on the bios:
    =============================================
      bootupgrade -s -c u-boot

CLI output:
    =========
    root@Dions-box% bootupgrade -s -c u-boot
    Checking secondary U-Boot CRC... OK root@Dions-box% The following will upgrade the secondary from the shell: =========================================== bootupgrade -s -u <uboot-binary-file> According to http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16317, the uboot is stored under the /boot directory. So the full path will be as follows: bootupgrade -s -u /boot/uboot -l /boot/loader CLI output: ========= root@Dions-box% bootupgrade -s -u /boot/uboot -l /boot/loader
    Upgrading Loader... ##################################### Verifying the loader image... OK WARNING: The new boot firmware will take effect when the system is rebooted. Upgrading Secondary U-Boot... ############################################################### Verifying the new U-Boot image... OK root@Dions-box% exit exit After reboot: ========== root> show system firmware Part Type Tag Current Available Status version version Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS 0 2.4 OK Routing Engine 0 RE BIOS Backup 1 2.4 OK

You SHOULD contact to JTAC to check it is a still valid workaround.

Regards,