SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX300 - port mirror

Posted 12-15-2016 19:54

Followed instructions found here: https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21833&smlogin=true&actp=search

Can't seem to get traffic to show up when I do a port mirror. I'm trying to get my untrust interface of ge-0/0/0 to send ingress and egress traffic to ge-0/0/3. I know for sure that there's certain traffic that I should see going through here, and I'm not seeing it. This would show me ALL traffic going in and out of ge-0/0/0 right? Are there any gotcha's here? My EX3300 port mirror works perfectly...

Thanks for any help

• 2.  RE: SRX300 - port mirror

Posted 12-15-2016 20:10

In addition, if I try to monitor traffic interface ge-0/0/0 I see zero packets.

• 3.  RE: SRX300 - port mirror

Posted 12-16-2016 03:13

I suspect this is platform related, the SRX300 series is NOT listed on any port mirroring kb that I can find.

You can submit a kb article feedback on the right side of that page.  The document owner will get your note that the procedure does not work on the SRX300 and open a case to update the documentation.  I've used this before to get documentation corrected or updated.  But you do need to be patient as this goes through the normal updates workflow.

If no one here has done this on an SRX300 yet, you will need to open a ticket then for a quicker answer.

• 4.  RE: SRX300 - port mirror
    Best Answer

Posted 12-17-2016 09:59

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I was able to run a packet capture and write to a file which gave me what I was looking for.

packet-capture {
        file filename mypacketcapture files 2 size 50000000;
        maximum-capture-size 1500;

ge-0/0/0 {
        description to-Comcast;
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                dhcp-client;
                filter {
                    input PCAP;
                    output PCAP;
                }