SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

SRX650 voice VLAN trunking

‎10-21-2014 03:55 PM

Hi,

We recently merged with another company, and need to connect our voice VLAN to the other company's voice VLAN. On our SRX650 (our edge router), we have no VLAN trunks setup, and I'm kind of confused on how to accomplish this. There are 4 GE interfaces on our SRX as follows: ge-0/0/0, ge-0/0/1, ge-0/0/2, and ge-0/0/3. Our switch connects to interface ge-0/0/2, and the gateway to our other company's network is through interface ge-0/0/1. Is it possible to enable VLAN trunking on interface ge-0/0/2 when it already has an ip address assigned? Basically I need all our normal traffic that goes over that interface to continue, and also trunk the voice VLAN 100 over to our other company's router. Also, would I need to setup a trunk on interface ge-0/0/1 as well?

Any advice would help tremendously

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SRX650 voice VLAN trunking

‎10-22-2014 11:26 PM

Hi Mfree,

I think you can use flexible vlan tag feauture whihc is supported from 12.1X44 .

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos85/swconfig85-network-interfaces/id-12185086.htm...

Thanks,

Suraj

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too

Thanks,
Suraj
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: SRX650 voice VLAN trunking

‎10-24-2014 12:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, We'd have to upgrade to get that feature... Which isn't out of the realm of doing at all. My manager and I tried to get this configured tonight and wasn't successful. I understand the configuration for the EX4200 switch really well. I think it's pretty cut and dry. What I don't understand is on the SRX650 how to configure a port properly to forward vlan traffic where it needs to go to. We thought we could turn one of the built in ports to do ethernet-switching, but it wasn't supported... If I had a switch with a trunk port, that sent vlan information over to a router, what would the configuration on the router look like if that router needed to send the vlan information to another router on a different network? Would I just need to have vlan-tagging enable on the interface like below? Does it need to be encapsulated with 802.1q? ge-0/0/0 { vlan-tagging; unit 1 { vlan-id 1; family inet { address 1.1.1.1/24; } }
Feedback