SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Show policy stats - How are they read?

3 weeks ago

I'm replacing some old SRX's, and need to clean up their configs were possible.  I'v searched the Tech Library, and I haven't yet found a description of what the "show policy "policy-name-here" statistics indicate.  Is there such a descriptive KB, or could someone give me a hint on what they describe?  Thanks

example:

show policy BGP_Import statistics
Policy BGP_Import:
[14074] Term MPLS_Accept:
from [14074 0] proto BGP
then [14074 0] accept

2 REPLIES 2
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Show policy stats - How are they read?

3 weeks ago

Hi jmorrowCSTR

greetings, I hope this answers your question.

statistics: Use in conjunction with the test policy command to show the length of time (in microseconds) required to evaluate a given policy and the number of times it has been executed. This information can be used, for example, to help structure a policy so it is evaluated efficiently. Timers shown are per route; times are not cumulative. Statistics are incremented even when the router is learning (and thus evaluating) routes from peering routers.

Source: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/command-summary/show-policy.html#...

Regards,
Lil Dexx JNCIE-ENT#863

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \Smiley Happy/

SRX Services Gateway

Re: Show policy stats - How are they read?

3 weeks ago

Appreciate the link.  I had already read that prior to asking the question here.  My goal is two fold.  1) Making sense of the info, like I showed in the example, 2) Determining which of the 6 different filters are actually being utilized.  The tech doc explains the commands, but is short on the results explaination.  And maybe I'm a bit dense....

Appreciate you, though.