SRX

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Static MAC for reth

Posted 12-28-2014 07:21

Dears

We have two SRXs-550 on HA Active/Passive mode for more than 30 site, all of them connected through VPLS link, we face a problem on the MAC address for reth1, to resolve the issue we should change the Cluster-id to be unique on each site, unfortunatelly the cluster-id limited to 16 id 0-15, also we need all sites to be same (typical).

So, are there any other solution like change the MAC address staticlly or something like that ??

Regards

Mahmoud Baroudi

• 2.  RE: Static MAC for reth
    Best Answer

Posted 12-28-2014 15:30

In higher Junos versions the cluster ID can be higher (255) see http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1x47/topics/reference/command-summary/set-chassis-cluster-clusterid-node-reboot.html. But: the mac address is constructed from clusteri-d and rethinterface number. So just use reth1 instead of reth0 on the second fifteen devices would be a workaround I suppose. By the way you can't use cluster-id 0! It will disable the cluster.

• 3.  RE: Static MAC for reth

Posted 12-29-2014 02:00

Thats correct , we using 12.1X47-D10.4, i checked the cluster-id its now raised to 255, thats great my problem is solved now, many thanks.

admin@SRX550> set chassis cluster cluster-id ?
    Possible completions:
      <cluster-id>         Cluster identifier (0..255)
      node                 Node identifier (0..1)
      reboot               Reboot the system after setting the identifiers
    {primary:node0}