SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Static ip setup question.

Tuesday
I have setup my srx300(15.xxx) to be an internet zone static ip. I need to know about a certain part of the wizard and how the info I entered into the wizard is used and where to find it in the configuration.

1. The internet zone asks for the network address and the netmask as well as the gateway network address.

2. It's not in the web view.

3. Where is this info sent to?

4. The ip address is viewable in the ge-0/0/0.0 interface, which assumes the netmask is assumed.

5. Where is the gateway address that is entered in the wizard for static IP's which pertains to the internet zone, in the web view?

Adrian Aguinaga
B.S.C.M. ITT Tech
A.A.S. ITT Tech
Kudos are welcome!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Static ip setup question.

Tuesday

Hello Eugene,

I believe you are referring to the default gateway configuration. i.e. set routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 1.1.1.1

1.1.1.1 being your ISP's IP address which serves as the next-hop.

You can find this information in J-Web under Configure > Routing > Static Routing.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Static ip setup question.

Tuesday
If this is infact true I have more questions.

1. Why has the setup wizard not entered this line?

2. Why is the netmask prefix not present or part of the cli syntax if this is the same input parameter. I.e. set routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 1.1.1.1 .

3. Has anyone witnessed this line being input after using the wizard?

4. Can anyone confirm this by inputting this in setup, and it either is entered or is not.

I only have question. Not doubt. Thx 4 the posts.
Feedback