SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Trouble with IPSec between SRX and SSG

Posted 02-07-2012 11:24

Hello All,

I'm having a trouble connecting SRX100 to SSG320 via route-based IPSec tunnel
    (I have access to SRX only, the other side is already configured and we are given
    the VPN settings - nothing special here: proposal-set compatible, static IPs -
    mode main, no NAT-T).

Unfortunately I can't provide CLI outputs right now, but weird things are that

1) Phase 1 only goes up after the REBOOT of SRX.

If I do "clear security ike security-associations", phase 1 never comes back
    (SRX sends initiating request, SSG never replies, which is seen by zero cookie).

Same if I restart ipsec-key-management. No reply from SSG.

Again if I completely reboot the SRX, phase 1 is back online! How can it be? 🙂

2) Phase 2 never goes up, even when phase 1 seems fine, and I see no clue at
    all in the traceoptions... Usually if proxy-ids or proposals, etc, do not match,
    it is clearly seen, right? But in our case, SSG does not seem to reply at all.
    Why?

Any ideas for troubleshooting this further (preferably from the SRX side) will
    be appreciated!

P.S. Tried with Junos 10.4R8 and 11.2R5 on the SRX - result is the same.

• 2.  RE: Trouble with IPSec between SRX and SSG

Posted 02-07-2012 13:19

Is your VPN goign through another SRX firewall?  Perhaps the IKE ALG is to blame?  I am having issues myself with an SSG-5 to SRX connection that goes through an SRX Nat.  Phase 1 comes up but no Phase 2.  Weird behavior.

• 3.  RE: Trouble with IPSec between SRX and SSG
    Best Answer

Posted 02-08-2012 00:05

Hi Magraw,

Thanks for your reply. The problem resolved, it was caused by L2 address

conflict and proxy-id mismatch on top of that...