SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 08-18-2010 12:13

Hi All,

What a pain in the *** this is.  So far I have tried to do this about 6 times, each time the install barfs while validating the config, and each time I remove the part of code it complains about.  At first it was all UTM stuff so i took all that out because i can always re-add it.

Now it seems to complain about my policies.  Here is what it is complaining about:

[edit security policies from-zone trust to-zone untrust policy HACK-FTP match application]
      'any'
        application or application-set must be defined
    [edit security policies from-zone trust to-zone untrust policy trust-to-untrust match application]
      'any'
    [edit security policies from-zone DMZ to-zone trust policy DMZ-Basic match application]
      'any'

As you can see apparently SRX 10.3 does not support the ANY command for polices?? This is a joke or a bug because I refuse to beleive you can use the term any.  I am aware that I can do a no-validate but Im just a little worried that it will strip all this stuff from my config upon reboot.

Thanks for any help someone can provide.

Magraw

• 2.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 08-18-2010 12:39

This sounds like an issue that should be brought up with J-Tac.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 08-18-2010 20:35

i've been able to create a policy using "any" on 10.3 without any trouble..  ( on a SRX240 )..

Somthing might be amiss with your config, can you post your policy config to the forum

• 4.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke
    Best Answer

Posted 08-19-2010 04:23

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions but I ended up calling JTAC.  The solution is *Quote*  " Oh....ya just ignore that, it doesnt work properly"  so essentially they recommended to do any and all upgrades with the no-validate option.  This begs the question why does it even exist.

ps.  10.3 does not solve the ethernet switching/Cluster config crash problem but does add great GUI enhancements.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 08-19-2010 12:37

This also happens sometimes when upgrading to 10.2R2.

• 6.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 12-21-2010 11:46

you have to make sure that the configuration already includes the default application set , you can view them by :

show configuration groups junos-defaults applications  /// this group contains "any" as one of its elements

if you can still see them configured in operational mode then you can still commit them into the config , it is possible that you have deleted all the groups in [edit groups] section and thus , predefined group was wiped out.

you need to rollback to default configuration and make sure to import the config successfully. i have faced the same issue , i was deleting everything under [edit groups] and same errors started to come up  because the default application set does not appear by default under [groups].

it worked for me. hope that helps.

• 7.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 12-23-2010 02:38

@Magraw wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions but I ended up calling JTAC.  The solution is *Quote*  " Oh....ya just ignore that, it doesnt work properly"  so essentially they recommended to do any and all upgrades with the no-validate option.  This begs the question why does it even exist.

Yes, I was particularly nonplussed with that response when I opened a ticket a few months back. After ranting on twitter after accepting that the ticket be closed someone told me that JTAC have a fixed release, it's just not public, I've not verified since 10.3 is unacceptable to us for other reasons.

• 8.  RE: Upgrading to 10.3 - What a joke

Posted 04-03-2011 21:39

I just went through this exact issue, wish I'd checked here first, could have saved myself a few hours  {sigh} .....