SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  dns / dnat issues with external facing dns! dmz static nat issue.

Posted 01-17-2015 12:03
    Hi hits, i am not sure what os going on. I Just nerd your help alittle.

I have a Server in the dmz with am internal IP addresss of 10.1.1.3 and an external ip address of 82.70.252.149.

I have a seperate vr and a zone for this dmz.

I have a one to one static Nat to the internal ip address. I can verify the static Nat is working by using what's my ip.

The dmz server is a windows 2008 server with a iis and a dmz role installed.

Within the DNs server I have a zone called "surprisehost.com" this has several a records created within it.

Eg 2x name servers called ns3.surprisehost.com and ns4.

Also a a record called surprisehost.com.

On the actual server I can ping the newly created a records however.. when checking the a records from an external source they come back with the internal ip address.

I don't understand why this is happening.. ideas anyone.?

• 2.  RE: dns / dnat issues with external facing dns! dmz static nat issue.

Posted 01-17-2015 18:32

Hi Cmia,

I think you need to update the A records with external static nat ip.

Contact domain name providers for the same.

Regards,

rparthi

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated Too

• 3.  RE: dns / dnat issues with external facing dns! dmz static nat issue.
    Best Answer

Posted 01-18-2015 05:48
    Hi,

Rparthi. I did some packet sniffs and it seems the srx was passing out the internal address as well as the external address.

I decided to remove the static Nat and insert destination Nat from 0.0.0.0/0 to the external ip address. I also made a source Nat form 10.1.1.3/32 ip address to point to the egress interface to use the
    82.70.252.149 ip address.

I can confirm now the egress ip address is passed through correctly and I no longer have the 10.1.1.3/32 ip address passed through.