SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  'dynamic' Missing dynamic hostname for IKE gateway

Posted 05-11-2015 10:07

Hi all,

I have a working Dynamic VPN configuration. However, when I commit the configuration I receive the following warning and I'm trying to determine how to make it go away:

'dynamic'
        Missing dynamic hostname for IKE gateway ike-gate-dynvpn for ipsec_vpn dyn-vpn
    commit complete

This is the IKE gateway config in question, it appears that 'hostname' and 'user-at-hostname' are mutually exclusive, however what I am connecting with requires that I use a User-FQDN (user-at-hostname) so I have to configure that in the IKE policy. The warning above appears to me like it's not finding an option it's expecting 'hostname', but since the configuration works I feel it's extraneous.

gateway ike-gate-dynvpn { 
    ike-policy ike-pol-dynvpn;
    dynamic {
    user-at-hostname "user@domain.com";
    connections-limit 10;
    ike-user-type shared-ike-id;
    }
    dead-peer-detection {
    interval 60;
    threshold 2;
    }
    nat-keepalive 5;
    external-interface fe-0/0/0.0;
    xauth access-profile dynvpn-user;
    }

• 2.  RE: 'dynamic' Missing dynamic hostname for IKE gateway
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: 'dynamic' Missing dynamic hostname for IKE gateway

Posted 05-11-2015 10:49

I missed that, and that explains the message then.

Odd, I wonder why it isn't supported.

EDIT:

For anyone else trying to use Avaya VPN phones to the SRX, this configuration works, even if not supported, and is recommended by Avaya in this document: Application Notes for Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel using Juniper Networks SRX210 Services Gateway to support Avaya Aura® Communication Manager – Issue 1.0

I'm leaving it as-is for now since it is a working config, albeit finding out why it's not supported would be educational and of interest - if anyone knows it would be appreciated.