SRX

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  how to reinstall junos

Posted 11-30-2011 07:43

todeay when i login my juniper srx 100 i got this error on my terminal window

WARNING :THE DEVICE HAS BOOTED FROM THE BACKUP JUNOS IMAGE,IT IS POSSIBLE THAT FIRST COPYU OF JUNOS FAILED TO BOOT SO PLEASE REINSTALL TO RECOVER IT

how can i find out the reason behind my junos image failue and how can i restore it and what can be done best to avoid this failure in the future,

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: how to reinstall junos

Posted 11-30-2011 13:03

It may be simple power outage that forces Junos boot from the backup partition.
    Issue the
    show system snapshot media internal

If primary partition shows normal version – simply reboot the device. It will boot from primary.

how to reinstall:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16652 

• 3.  RE: how to reinstall junos

Posted 12-04-2011 21:23

i run that command it is showing me the same vers which is present in backup imaje,i reboot the device but the problem did not solved,my quistion is if this backup imaje also failed then do i need to install both the imaje or i need to install only primary,

• 4.  RE: how to reinstall junos

Posted 02-04-2012 05:22

after u use the above mentioned command , reboot using " request system reboot slice 1" 

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

• 5.  RE: how to reinstall junos

Posted 02-04-2012 08:57

Hi Rohit,

It looks like the device is not able to load the junos from primary media. Once the srx boots us from secondary partition you can issue command > request system snapshot media internal slice alternate

This will copy the image of the secondary media to the primary media and the next time you boot the srx it should load from the primary media.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Visitor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!

• 6.  RE: how to reinstall junos

Posted 02-05-2012 10:48

Thanks to all that issue was resolved after rebooting the device supar contri thanks for sharing this command ,