SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  intra zone traffic

Posted 11-03-2012 06:43

We have 3 vlans :

Vlan A- 192.168.100.1/24

Vlan B- 192.168.200.1/24

VlanC-  192.168.300.1/24

all these three vlans will be under single zone called "INTERNAL".

1. if all are under same zone, will traffic freely flow across from each vlans to other?

2. If i want to restrict traffic from one ip 192.168.100.11 in VlanA to 192.168.200.21 in VlanB, can i achieve this? considering they are under same zone.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: intra zone traffic
    Best Answer

Posted 11-03-2012 06:59
    Hi,

1.No , in srx intra-zone traffic is not allowed by default . If you want to allow this, you need a security policy with from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL.
    2 . As mentioned above it is denied by default . according tou your requirement , you can write a policy to allow/deny specific traffic . Only thing different here is , both from-zone and to-zone are same .

• 3.  RE: intra zone traffic

Posted 11-03-2012 07:13

Thank You for the reply.

1. so how do i create a policy from same zone internal to the same zone , what do i include in it so all traffic within the same zone is allowed?

2. so it means, i can write specific ip based rules to deny traffic from one vlan to another vlan ip within same zone?

• 4.  RE: intra zone traffic

Posted 11-03-2012 07:50

Hi,

Configure as below to meet both of your requirements -  please note ordering of policies is also important.

set security zones security-zone INTERNAL address-book address PC1 192.168.100.11
    set security zones security-zone INTERNAL address-book address PC2 192.168.200.21

set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy restrict-specific match source-address PC1
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy restrict-specific match destination-address PC2
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy restrict-specific match application any
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy restrict-specific then deny

set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy allow-all match source-address any
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy allow-all match destination-address any
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy allow-all match application any
    set security policies from-zone INTERNAL to-zone INTERNAL policy allow-all then permit