SRX

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  mix reth and normal aggregate in chassis cluster?

Posted 09-06-2017 01:41

Hi all,

Currently i' have setup chassis cluster. May i know if i add another normal aggregate on chassis cluster is it can or not?

{primary:node0}
    test@srx1> show configuration chassis
    alarm {
        management-ethernet {
            link-down ignore;
        }
    }
    cluster {
        reth-count 4;

add new config (normal aggregate)

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 6

• 2.  RE: mix reth and normal aggregate in chassis cluster?

Posted 09-06-2017 22:50

Are you asking if you can add another LAG/ aggregated interface? Yes. If you already have:

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 5 and you want to add another with 

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 6, the answer is yes. While you are at it, if you think may need another soon based on rojections you can set the count to 7 or 8. Then use them as needed. IThe command will not add a new statement, it will only modify the count number.

• 3.  RE: mix reth and normal aggregate in chassis cluster?

Posted 09-08-2017 07:34

Hi Lyndidon,

Currently our SRX5800 series was chassis cluster setup. So it means using RETH. Some said the reth interface also same as normal aggregate (ae). So is it any issue even i already have reth then at same time i also want use normal aggregate (ae) on the chassis cluster? That normal ae is for L2 mode. So my setup will be mix mode chassis cluster setup.

Thanks and appreciate any advise.

• 4.  RE: mix reth and normal aggregate in chassis cluster?
    Best Answer

Posted 09-09-2017 05:46

I think you might be talking about what is outlined in example 5 on page 19 of this guide.

https://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/NT260/SRX_HA_Deployment_Guide.pdf

This allows the use of physical ports on a cluster instead of reth ports.  These can also be ae local instead of physical local.