SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

purpose of redundancy group in srx cluster

‎06-15-2015 05:12 AM

Hi,

I want to know the purpose of redindance group 0 & 1 in srx failover config.Is redundancy group 0 refers to control plane & redundancy group 1 refers to forwarding plane.

Regrds

Dheerendar

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: purpose of redundancy group in srx cluster

‎06-15-2015 05:17 AM

Hello ,

Your understanding is correct . RG-0 refers to Routing enginer ( Control Plane ) and RG-1 to any number refers to Data Plane and assign interfaces to it as per your requirments .

Thanks,
Sam

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too .....
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: purpose of redundancy group in srx cluster

‎06-15-2015 05:18 AM

Hi,

When you initialize a device in chassis cluster mode, the system creates a redundancy group referred to as redundancy group 0. Redundancy group 0 manages the primacy and failover between the Routing Engines on each node of the cluster. As is the case for all redundancy groups, redundancy group 0 can be primary on only one node at a time. The node on which redundancy group 0 is primary determines which Routing Engine is active in the cluster. A node is considered the primary node of the cluster if its Routing Engine is the active one.

The redundancy group 0 configuration specifies the priority for each node. The following priority scheme determines redundancy group 0 primacy. Note that the three-second value is the interval if the default heartbeat-threshold and heartbeat-interval values are used.

about redundancy group 0

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1/topics/concept/chassis-cluster-redundancy-group...

About redundancy group 1

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1/topics/concept/chassis-cluster-redundancy-group...

hope this give you some hands

Marc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated Too
-----------------------------------------------------------------