SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  srx240 internet setup help hughesnet dhcp nat

Posted 02-03-2015 13:49

I just bought an srx240 and I want to set up the gateway with hughesnet. Hughesnet is a dhcp nat service. It recieves a wide array of external ip addresses. As is the 240 is able to utiliize the untrust zone. This means that it is leasing the external ip addresses because I can see this in "monitoring", "interfaces". The source nat seems to be working because I can browse the hughesnet ht1100 page. I.e. 192.168.0.1 . I suspect that I must add policies to make the internet work. My box is win 2008r2 server datacenter and it shows that an internet connection is present but I cannot browse the internet. Between the 240 and the win box I have a baystack 410. I know that there is a basic way to make the internet work and so I need to do that. If the baystack is in the way I want to know about that too. Depends on the policy I think. Do I have to set up a destination nat as well as a source nat?

• 2.  RE: srx240 internet setup help hughesnet dhcp nat

Posted 02-04-2015 01:57

Do I need to setup the default gateway. If so how do i do that without having to go through the initial setup wizard?

• 3.  RE: srx240 internet setup help hughesnet dhcp nat

Posted 02-04-2015 02:54

On the SRX device you need to configure security zones and configure polices betnween them, SRX doesnt forward trafic at all without zones and polices configured.

• 4.  RE: srx240 internet setup help hughesnet dhcp nat
    Best Answer

Posted 02-04-2015 04:02

I have solved the problem... I figured out that with the default settings in the srx that dhcp had to be enabled or I had to configure in the rule set that a static address had to be configured. It worked fine. yes I set the policies as well.