SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  what does reverse static nat mean

Posted 05-08-2015 08:45

• 2.  RE: what does reverse static nat mean
    Best Answer

Posted 05-08-2015 12:50

As we know static NAT is bi-directional and connection can be initiated from both the side (but you need a policy to allow the traffic, Reverse static (source) NAT and source NAT happen after the security policy lookup, so you should use the original source addresses in the security policies. ), it means if you have created some static NAT entries revers-entries would become autometically.

• 3.  RE: what does reverse static nat mean

Posted 10-05-2017 09:14

Reverse static (source) NAT

So everytime we speak of Reverse Static NAT, we are refering to Source NAT only?

How about if we have STATIC SOURCE  NAT, we will have DEST NAT for  return tarffic , can we not refer to this  " Reverse Static Nat" ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: what does reverse static nat mean

Posted 04-23-2018 09:41

I'm also having issues to understand what Juniper means by "reverse static NAT".

I think that reverse static NAT is the extension of the fact that Static NAT is planned to Work for traffic from A towards B, but also when communication is initiated com B towards A (reverse static NAT)

I guess this doesn't apply to the traffic from B towards A when the session is already established by A, (even if technically this would be DNAT), as in this case Juniper says this traffic is "fast path" processed, and so no NAT type is mentioned.

NAT.PNG