Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 02-14-2008 07:05
    Hello all,

I am using ISG-2000 connected with Cisco-7609 but the aggregate link is not coming UP any how. LACP is being used at Cisco end. If any one can help me out because i am horribly stuck. Please let me know if some one has faced similar issue...

Help from you side would be appreciated.

Regards,

Akhtar

• 2.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 02-14-2008 15:11
    LACP is a part of 802.3ad link aggregation protocol. The ISG does not support 802.3ad nor LACP. But aggregate interfaces on ISG work similarly to 802.3ad. Refer to Concepts & Examples guide. In particular, refer to the volume for High Availability for aggregate interface configuration and operation.

-Richard

• 3.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 02-16-2008 22:08

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the information. Can you please let me know that whether ISG 2000 supports Ether Channel or not.

Regards,

Akhtar

• 4.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP
    Best Answer

Posted 02-21-2008 14:31

EtherChannel per se is a component of 802.3ad. The ISG is not 802.3ad compliant. However, the configuration of aggregate interfaces in the ISG in concept works the same as etherchannel. So I believe that it would still work with etherchannel on your switch.

• 5.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 02-26-2008 05:14

Thanks for the reply Richard. So the aggregate link is working when other vendor's Router interface is set to Ether Channel option. But I can't understand if ISG 2000 doesn't support 802.3ad then why the link is coming UP. If possible do let me know what standard protocol does ISG-2000 link aggregation supports??

Regards,

Akhtar 

• 6.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 09-08-2008 07:12

Will i be able to aggregate 2 giga ports with this form of aggregation and put Nortel MLT on the other side?

• 7.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 09-08-2008 10:58

I tried this with Cisco on the other end & it was working !!

Regards,

Akhtar

• 8.  RE: Aggregate link not coming UP

Posted 11-03-2008 08:09

Akhtar,

Could you show me the configuration (Cisco side) you used to do this?

Thanks a lot, we're having some difficulties...

Regards,

Artur

#ISG
    #Aggregation
    #cisco
    #AGGREGATE