Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Can't add port to bgroup0?

Posted 11-03-2011 05:05
      |   view attached

Hello again,

I thought that changing a couple of ports and bring them into a group was easy, but I'm having difficulties with it. I first needed to unbind the interface (get config | in ethernet0/1) which is done I think. When I try to add ethernet0/1 to bgroup0 with:

set interface bgroup0 port ethernet0/1

it says "unknown keyword port", but I know that this is the right command because thats what the manual says from the juniper site and when I use the wizard from the webgui it gives me the same command. The picture below explains the situation that I'm in now and how I want it. What am I doing wrong? Smiley Sad

• 2.  RE: Can't add port to bgroup0?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-03-2011 10:34

Hi,

Set interface ethernet0/1 zone to Null and then you can attach the port to bgroup0.

• 3.  RE: Can't add port to bgroup0?

Posted 11-04-2011 02:33

Thank you terosa!

It worked and now I can add it to bgroup0 just as you said. Where can I find this sort of stuff? The manual didn't said anything about this. Smiley Surprised

• 4.  RE: Can't add port to bgroup0?

Posted 11-04-2011 03:16

Searching this forum and http://kb.juniper.net usually helps you get through any problems and undocumented features. (If it's not in the screenos manual)

PS. Mark the problem solved and kudos always welcome if problem is solved. 🙂

• 5.  RE: Can't add port to bgroup0?

Posted 11-07-2011 02:43

Forgot about marking it answered nad give you your well earned kudos. 😉
    Thanks again for the help.