Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Firmware Update

Posted 08-14-2008 06:52

Dear ,

I am using Netscreen 50 with software version - 4.0.1r9.0 (Firewall+VPN). Can anybody tell me , what is the latest software version of Netscreen 50 ? How to download and upgrade it?

• 2.  RE: Firmware Update

Posted 08-14-2008 13:12

Hi,

The latest version of code is 5.4.0r10. You will need to have a valid support contract to get access to the juniper support site to be able to download the code. The release notes there will also give you migration procedures on the steps for upgrading.

Regards

Andy

• 3.  RE: Firmware Update

Posted 08-16-2008 22:51

Dear Andy,

Can you tell me , what are the features available in the new version of NetScreen 50 ?

Regards

Abdul Rahuman.M

• 4.  RE: Firmware Update

Posted 08-17-2008 03:05

Hi,

It is not possible to upgrade through online from the Netscreen 50 itself?

Regards

Abdul Rahuman .M

• 5.  RE: Firmware Update
    Best Answer

Posted 08-17-2008 15:41

Hi,

There has been many features added and bugs fixed. The easiest way for you to find out is to have a look at the release notes, which can be found here

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/

Have a look at the release notes for 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 to see the features over time.

As for upgrading the firewall you cant get it to download the software directly from Juniper. You need a support contract so that you can login and download it to you PC and then you can upload it to the firewall, either via TFTP or through the web browser.

Regards

Andy

• 6.  RE: Firmware Update

Posted 08-18-2008 00:06

Thanks Andy.

Regards

Abdul Rahuman.M