ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Highlighted

Juniper Networks, Inc NS-5GT

‎02-07-2020 12:41 AM

how can i reset login password for Juniper NS-5GT without deleting the runing configration in the device 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Juniper Networks, Inc NS-5GT

‎02-07-2020 01:01 AM

Hi Ahmed,

Do you have the root or read-write privilages of the device? If yes, then its just login and "set admin password".

If you do not have those privilages, then you need atleast need the backup config post which you can follow the below steps:

1. Download your current config to a text file using your working account
  2. Remove the existing entries for the root login and replace them with the netscreen root listed above (2 lines)
  3. If your existing login has permission, log into the web interface and upload this new configuration file withe the "replace" option
    Configuration-Update-Config file
  4. If the existing login does not have permission to replace the config. Login using the serial number as both user and password using the console port to reset the box.
  5. On the reset box login as netscreen/netscreen and the replace the config with the new saved file
  6. Login to the new saved configuration as netscreen/netscreen then change your password

Also suggest to choose the right group under forums so that the interested groups get to look into this. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep Kumar M

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!

If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]

Highlighted

‎02-07-2020 01:28 AM

how can i dowload current config to a text file using my working account as i have no access to the device 

Highlighted

‎02-07-2020 01:31 AM

Version 5.4.0r18.0
Load Manufacture Information ... Done

Initialize FBTL 0.... Done
Load NVRAM Information ... (5.4.0)Done
SYIMAGE
Install module init vectors
build and grow heap:system, order:13

Initial port mode trust-untrust(1)
Install modules (00e24000,017f36fc) ...
load dns table : dns table file does not exist.

Initializing DI 1.1.0-ns
System config (1714 bytes) loaded
Done.
Load System Configuration ..............................................................................................................................Enabled licensekey auto update
...................Done
system init done..
login: trust interface change physical state to Up
untrust interface change physical state to Up
System change state to Active(1)

login:
login:
login:
login: admin
password:
### Login failed
login:
login: netscreen
password:
### Login failed

Highlighted

‎02-07-2020 02:28 AM

Hi Ahmed,

I am afraid there is no way to get the configuration from the device if you are not able to login into the device. Allowing it to do so will be a security breach. 

To regain the access, try using the SN of the device as username and password, check it it works. Even if it works, the complete config will be erased from the device.

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar