Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Need Dialup VPN to access different network segments

Posted 10-15-2008 14:34

I have a terminal that has succesfully established and connected a VPN to my netscreen firewall with Ike user (using netscreen remote). However it can only connect to network 192.168.1.x - I've been unsuccesful in trying to connect to my other networks 192.168.2.x, 192.168.3.x, etc.

Any pointers on how to procede? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Need Dialup VPN to access different network segments
    Best Answer

Posted 10-15-2008 17:24

Hi,

What is the network and subnet mask that you have configured on your netscreen remote client??

If you configured 192.168.1.0/24 then it will only route 192.168.1.0 network down the vpn. If you want to access other subnets then you need to do 192.168.0.0/16, this will send all 192.168.x.0 networks down the tunnel.

Remember you will also have to change the policy on the firewall to match the new subnet 192.168.0.0/16

Regards

Andy

• 3.  RE: Need Dialup VPN to access different network segments

Posted 10-16-2008 11:19
    Thanks! My local support company couldn't figure this one out for 6 weeks now! I myself have had to learn and read manuals upon manuals, trying out different aproaches... thank you very much!

• 4.  RE: Need Dialup VPN to access different network segments

Posted 10-16-2008 06:39

Hi TipPeru,

You need to be careful with the proxy ID's on this issue. Using a /16 should work as a solution though. Just make sure that the proxy-IDs match on the firewall too.

Regards,

A.

• 5.  RE: Need Dialup VPN to access different network segments

Posted 10-22-2008 14:09

Hi all,

The solution assumes you can summarize to /16. What if summarization is not desired or not possible for various reasons. I have similar problem where I initially had one internal segment accessible. I now want another discontiguous segment to be added. When I try to add the new subnet in the policy, I get an error message "Multiple addresses/services are not supported at current stage for bidirectional VPN policy".

Any pointers on what I need to do.

Thanks,

/Dan