Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  New Zone Can't Access Internet on SSG20

Posted 05-13-2009 14:59

I'm having trouble with a new zone I've created.  I wanted to install a wireless access point for our office's guests, but keep it seperate from our subnet, so I created a new zone called "Wireless".

I put the zone in the Trust-vr, bound interface bgroup1 with e0/4, gave bgroup1 an IP of 10.201.179.1/24, created a DHCP scope for the interface, and verified that the routes were created for 10.201.179.0/24 and 10.201.179.1/32 to the 0.0.0.0 gateway.  I created a policy from Wireless to Untrust to allow all traffic from any source in Wireless to any in Untrust, but it won't reach the gateway for e0/0.

I can create policies that allow Trust to Wireless and Wireless to Trust and they are able to see each other.

As far as I can tell, I have the settings for bgroup0, which is our main subnet, and bgroup1 identical, save for their subnets and zones.

Did I miss a step somewhere along the way that allows a zone access to the Untrust zone or am I going about this completely wrong?

• 2.  RE: New Zone Can't Access Internet on SSG20
    Best Answer

Posted 05-13-2009 15:38
    Most likely you didn't source nat in the policy. Trust zone uses interface nat, custom zone doesn't. Go to advanced screen in policy select source nat behind egress interface.

• 3.  RE: New Zone Can't Access Internet on SSG20

Posted 05-13-2009 15:55
    Deciptively yet delightfully simple.  That worked and I am able to access the internet.  Thank you very much!