Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Problem with DHCP on MacOS Lion

Posted 11-24-2012 10:30

I'm having an odd problem on my very simple home network. Just got a Macbook Pro (yeah!) - but it randomly won't get a DHCP adddress from my NS5GT running 5.4R7 (I know..old - more on that later)

I can see it associating and passing authentication from the logs. But it never gets a DHCP address. 

if I release some of the assigned DHCP addresses, that seems to clear it up - but it's only temporary. There's nothing fancy in my config - very straightforward home firewall, single external IP (Comcast cable modem)

I have a range of 192.168.2.100-200 for DHCP, and while there are quite a few devices in the house, no where near that limit.

Rebooting also clears the problem, but only temporary. This new Mac is the only one in the house running Lion and the only one having trouble. 

Problem #2

I assume it's a bug in ScreenOS and tried to upgrade, but no matter what browser I use it's warning that the image isn't a valid ScreenOS image (I am not renaming or un-zipping the image - just using it exactly as downloaded). I've tried recent 5.4 as well as 6.1 images.

• 2.  RE: Problem with DHCP on MacOS Lion
    Best Answer

Posted 11-26-2012 00:51

Hi,

ScreenOS software is zipped! It cannot be applied without unzipping.

You can install ScreenOS 6.2r15 if no UTM and DI options are used.

• 3.  RE: Problem with DHCP on MacOS Lion

Posted 11-28-2012 07:14

Thx Edouard!

Upgrading to latest ScreenOS 5.4R26 seems to have corrected the issue. 

-Keith