Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)

Posted 04-03-2014 17:52

Hi,

I would like to know on how to configure the Policies Log report which are recycled at timing which I do not know.

The old log messages in the Policies Log are cleared (FIFO?) when new messages are generated.

Eg. Technics on how to configure : if possible the Page Size or Timing (day, weeks,,,) of the Policies Log.

I had surf the Internet but unfortunately not able to find anything related to the above context.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)

Posted 04-03-2014 19:57

Hi,

You are right, policy logs are purged in a FIFO fashion and I am afraid you cannot configure a purge interval.

If you are looking to retain historic logs, a better approach would be to forward them to a syslog server.

• 3.  RE: SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)

Posted 04-03-2014 21:01

Thank you, Gokul-san.

I appreciated your fast response very much.

By the way, any examples or references available of forwarding to a syslog server which I can refer to?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)

Posted 04-03-2014 22:07

You are welcome Smiley Wink

Please follow http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB4759 to setup syslog on the firewall. The area where it says 'Traffic Log: Select this option to send traffic log entries to the syslog host' is what you are looking for.

When Traffic Log is enabled, policy logs will be forwarded to syslog. Also ensure that you enable logging in the policies you are interested to watch.

• 5.  RE: SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)
    Best Answer

Posted 04-03-2014 23:20

Hi Gokul-san,

Thank you so much for your link.

I am now able to forward the Policies Log to a separate Syslog  and the messages are

coming into the Syslog well.

Thank you again.Smiley Very Happy

• 6.  RE: SSG350 Report -> Policies Log (recycled)

Posted 04-04-2014 00:32

That is good news my friend, glad that I could help