Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Set or Get using SQL*Net V2

Posted 06-30-2008 19:48

This has got to be easy. I was trying to do this at CLI: ( on an ssg 550 running ver 6 R3)

#get service | include SQL*Net V2

OR

#set service SQL*Net V2 timeout 45

However - it did not like the SQL*Net V2 string... I think because of the Space between Net and V or the Asterisk. So I tried many combos and even put it in quotes like this "SQL*Net V2" but the CLI did not like it either.

eventually I became frustrated and just used the GUI - but I am a CLI junky and would really like to know what the syntax is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by J-Dawg on 06-30-2008 07:49 PM

• 2.  RE: Set or Get using SQL*Net V2

Posted 06-30-2008 23:32

Why not just use command 'get service | inc sql'? Or you can use 'get service "SQL*Net V2"'. That will show you what you need to know.

-Richard

Message Edited by rkim on 06-30-2008 11:32 PM

• 3.  RE: Set or Get using SQL*Net V2

Posted 07-01-2008 08:36

The get service "SQL*Net V2" did work.  Thank you.  I am new at this device so i was wondering why it would not return any information when i typed in get service | include "SQL*Net V2"   ..... even though there would have been only one match for that command i figured it would return it to me.  On another note.. i was not able to to set the service timeout with this command:

set service  "SQL*Net V2" timeout never

It did not make the change.  or at least it did not look as if it made the change even after saving.  Did i do something wrong?   

• 4.  RE: Set or Get using SQL*Net V2
    Best Answer

Posted 07-01-2008 10:01

HI J-Dawg,

I also tried on ssg550 running 6.0R3.

1. "get service | in "SQL*Net V2"  does not work because the* is seen as regex. Firewall is searching for "SQNet V2", "SQLNet V2", or "SQLLNet V2".  So you can use either:  "get service | in "SQL\*Net V2" or "get service | in "SQL*.Net V2"

2.  "set service "SQL*Net V2" timeout 45"  works ok for me.

Regards,