ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Highlighted

To be considered when upgrading to the latest ScreenOS versions (5GT and SSG520)

‎01-13-2011 08:53 AM

For who is interested of upgrading Netscreen 5GT and SSG 520M platforms my personal experience is:

On 5GT the latest ScreenOS version is now 6.2.0r8.0. I have tried two times the upgrade from CLI (console) via TFTP, each time successfull but after upgrade the interfaces, especially Trust (is running in Trust-Untrust mode) is going up and down and the device is basically non operational. Version 6.2.0r7 seems stable on my device. The 5GT was reset to factory defaults and between upgrades was without power for about 30 min.

On SSG520(M) the latest ScreenOS version is now 6.3.0r6.0. After successfull upgrade and few hours of running I started to have bizare disconnects especially on ports which are on an additional PIM card. Version 6.3.0r5 is stable on my device.

I have downgraded both.

I don't have time to open cases for this because the devices are on production and I can't replicate the issue but this post might be useful for someone.. and for JTAC.

George

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: To be considered when upgrading to the latest ScreenOS versions (5GT and SSG520)

‎01-19-2011 05:55 AM

It turns out that the issues with the 5GT was due the fact that the grounding was not connected. No problems with ScreenOS 6.2.0r8.0 so far on 5GT.

Good to know...

Feedback