Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  default sip call num number: 64

Posted 12-04-2008 23:43

I have a few Sip servers, 1,000 users.

I have a SSG-320M SH, but i "get sys-cfg", I saw this parameter ( subject ).

what does it mean  "deault sip call num number:64",   is it the number of concurrent users ?

(ISG2000 is 2000)

• 2.  RE: default sip call num number: 64

Posted 12-05-2008 01:50

Hi,

You can determine the maximum number of address book, service book, address group, and service group entries, as well as the policies supported on your ScreenOS gateway, by using the get sys-cfg command and matching for the address, service, group, and policy keywords. This is a hidden command which will display all of the limits of your Firewall platform. So it would be the number of concurrent calls.

Regards

Gavrilo

• 3.  RE: default sip call num number: 64
    Best Answer

Posted 12-05-2008 08:51
    Hi Yego220,

On your ssg320 you can increase this number to 256 concurrent calls. I'll tell you how.

You can see the same number with this (non-hidden) command:

-> get alg sip setting
    SIP ALG                                    : enabled
    Maximum number of SIP Calls                : 128

You must now be running ScreenOS 6.0 on your ssg320, because in that version you would see "default sip call num number: 64". However if you update the device to ScreenOS 6.1 or 6.2 you will double that number to 128.

After upgrading there is something that you can do to increase the maximum number of concurrent SIP calls even more.

Check this out:

(on a ssg320M)

-> get sys-cfg | i sip
    default sip call num number: 128
    max sip call num number: 256

By default the max number of concurrent SIP calls is 128. However this can be increased to a maximum of 256 by changing an environment variable:

set envar max_sip_call_num  - Configures the maximum number of concurrent calls possible on the security device.

In your case it would then be like this (after upgrading your ScreenOS): set envar max_sip_call_num=256

Then reboot and you will see this:

-> get env | i sip    
    max_sip_call_num=256

-> get alg sip setting
    SIP ALG                                    : enabled
    Maximum number of SIP Calls                : 256

-> get sys
    Product Name: SSG-320M

This command is also described in the 6.2 release notes (http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/screenos6.2.0/rn_620_r1.pdf), but there it is incorrectly spelled as max-sip-call-num in stead of max_sip_call_num. We will have this corrected asap.)

Let me know if you have any problem applying this.

Cheers,
    Casper

• 4.  RE: default sip call num number: 64

Posted 12-07-2008 19:13
    Thanks !  I see..!